I’ve been doing a relatively good job of keeping my empties. Started doing this mid September last year, and it really helped me form a comprehensive idea of my spending habits and product usage.
Judging by the picture, I’d say March was a success!
I’ve been working on using up my opened items, as I’ll be traveling to Korea this April. I’m not coming back for nearly five months, so any item that’s on verge of expiring, I will use up or discard 🙂
I listed my empties according to these two categories:
- Loves (will/already have repurchased)
- Likes (likes enough to use it again someday)
Anything not mentioned in either of these two categories, is a “meh.” Anything worth mentioning will get mentioned.
March FS/DS Loves!
- Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (Best pore strips, if used correctly)
- Opti-Free Replenish Eye Solution (I can’t use ReNu, but this works perfectly)
- MayCoop Raw Sauce Essence (A great daily essence)
- Tucker Ashley Perfecting Moisturizer (oil-free, doesn’t leave face dry or greasy)
- Tatcha Polished Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder (I did my first review on this :))
- Konjac Sponge (amazing exfoliator, can be used daily in conjunction with cleanser)
- Shu Uemura Gloss Unlimited (Best gloss I ever used, not too sticky, amazing texture)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel (Best for prepping brow)
- Lancome Definicils Mascara & Primer Duo (No flaking, gives volume, lasts forever)
- Make Up For Ever – Aqua Lip Liner 3C (Best MLBB liner ever used)
I already either have backups of these, or will buy more in the future.
March FS/DS Likes!
- OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo (Great lingering scent, Okay Shampoo)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (Nice and light, but sprays unevenly)
- Herbivore Coconut Milk Bath Soak (Amazing scent..that dissipates too fast)
- Soapbox Coconut Shampoo (Good, light shampoo. Okay Scent)
- Marc Jacobs Mascara (Good mascara. Love the small, precise bristles)
- Jack Black Peppermint Lip Balm (Great lip balm. Too tingly my preference)
This is awkward. Didn’t realize how much I liked coconut until I saw this haha.
Some of these are not “loves,” due to small flaws. I’d have loved my Smashbox Primer Water, had it not been for the faulty spray bottle. (It sprayed like a water gun…literally.) If the full-size product sprays evenly, it might be worth picking up.
A lot of this boils down to personal preference, but I do believe the majority of my “loves” (and some of my “likes”) are good products in their own standing, regardless of preference.
Now to the foils! (Yes, I have more)
I used up quite of bit of my foil sample/mask stash this March. Between this and my tsbs, I think I can use up nearly everything by April!
March Foil Loves:
- NUDE Detox Gentle Brightening Fizzy Powder (only second to my Tatcha powder)
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Radiance Lotion (I found my HG summer lotion!)
- Carol’s Daughter Monoi Shampoo & Conditioner (odd scent, but hair feels amazing)
- nohj Super Food Sheet Mask – Royal Jelly/Broccoli (Great K-beauty mask)
I already bought the Full Sized version of Nude’s Fizzy Powder and Fresh’s Lotus Lotion. I think I’m set for Summer, if it ever comes 🙂
Sad to say there was at least one epic fail this month.
This pore mask burned so bad that I had to take it off immediately. It wasn’t tingly; it straight up burned. Heard some good things about this mask so I’m sad it didn’t work for me. My face was red for a while after using this, but luckily, no huge cystic pimples are popping up.
Apparently this is not for sensitive skin.
Last but not least, packaging from Lush goodies I used up, plus an empty cotton pad packet. I recently used up:
- Lush – Yog Nog Bar
- Lush – Reindeer Soap
- Lush – Dragon’s Egg Bath Bomb
- Lush – Karma Soap (mini sample)
Not sure about the Reindeer Soap, but I’m definitely stocking up on the Yog Nog Bar when Christmas rolls by again.
And finally, here are some of my past empties 🙂
Did you like seeing my empties? What are some of the stuff you used up this month? What will you repurchase? Would you try this?