Lip samples I’ve accumulated over the months.
The thing with these samples is that I rarely remember to use them. And there’s always one or two colors I’d never use in this lifetime. But they’re so cute with their mini lip brushes and teensy pockets! So I hoard them.
Until months later when I realize I want to declutter.
And declutter I did. Messy, but compact.
I started mixing everything in an “Elf shadow quad pan” (that I sanitized) and heated the bottom with a hair dryer.
Created one sheer lipstick, one lipgloss, one matte-ish lipstick.
From top to bottom:
- Dior lipstick (Be Dior, Wonderful, Tribale, Smile)
- Honest Beauty Lip Gloss (Creative Kiss, Dreamy Kiss, Inspired Kiss) + YSL Glossy Stain (Rouge Splash, Onde Rose, Plump Lip)
- Clinique lipstick (nude pop, punch pop, love pop, cherry pop) + a dab of NARS matte lip pencil (Let’s Go Crazy)
Pretty happy with the outcome. All three are shades I’d use in a heartbeat.
Here’s what I used:
- Lip card samples
- Tiny spatula (used the pointy end of a sanitized angle toothbrush)
- Hairdryer (it will get hot, so do use oven gloves!)
- ELF empty palette (I got them for less than $1 during their sale)
Have fun mixing & melting.